Hippo CMS has a pluggable architecture and many additional features are available as plugins. Hippo provides three levels of support for plugins:
- Default plugins, included in the Hippo archetype by default.
- Standard plugins, available from Hippo's feature library.
- Community maintained, available from the BloomReach Forge at Github with its own documentation site at GitHub.io.
A default or standard plugin meets Hippo quality standards, is properly documented, and is tested against each new Hippo CMS release and updated if necessary.
Hippo Default Plugins
Default plugins are developed and supported by Hippo, and they are already included in the Maven archetype used to start Hippo projects and no additional installation steps through the setup application are required.
Hippo Standard Plugins in the Hippo Setup application/Feature Library
Standard plugins are developed and supported by Hippo and can be added to your project from the feature library in Hippo's setup application.
- Content Blocks
- Dashboard Document Wizard
- Gallery Manager
- Google Maps
- Related Documents
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Simple Content
Community Plugins at Hippo Forge
Community plugins are maintained by the Hippo community. It is up to the community to make sure the plugins meet quality standards, are properly documented, and are tested against each new Hippo CMS release.
The BloomReach Forge resides at Github with its own documentation site, that has a full project list.
The following community plugins are frequently used in Hippo CMS projects (alphabetically ordered):
- Apache Camel: Hippo Events Support
- External Document Picker Plugin Base
- Hippo CMS7 Extra Folder Context Menus
- HST Spring Framework Support
- HST Spring Security Support
- URL Rewriter (scheduled to be promoted to Enterprise Add-on in Hippo CMS 12)