Content Blocks Configuration
The Content Blocks plugin can be added to your project and configured using Hippo's setup application.
- Hippo 10 based project with setup application.
- At least one document type (to add a content blocks field to).
- At least two compound type (to be used as content blocks).
- Using Hippo's
add Content Blocks to your project.
- Rebuild and restart your project.
- In the setup application, find Content Blocks under Installed features and choose 'Configure'.
- Select the document type you want to add content block fields to.
- To add a new content blocks field, click the
Add button and enter the following configuration parameters.
- Field name: the name to be displayed above the field in the CMS Document Editor.
- Picker type (links or dropdown): show the UI element to add a content block as links or as dropdown.
- Max Blocks: the maximum number of blocks that can be added to the field (leave empty for no limit).
- Used Compounds: select two or more from the available
- Save changes.
Some additional options can be configured through JCR properties using the CMS Console.
These JCR properties are stored on the following node:
For example, for a project myhippoproject and a document type contentdocument with a content blocks field blocks the configuration properties are stored on the node:
Show the Names of the Block Types
Optionally an additional label can be rendered above each content block showing the name of that block's compound type.
To enable this, add a boolean property showCompoundNames with value true to the cluster.options node.
/hippo:namespaces/myhippoproject/contentdocument/editor:templates/_default_/blocks/cluster.options - showCompoundNames = true [boolean]