Bloomreach Cloud Restrictions and Limitations
Like any other software product, Bloomreach Cloud has some limitations and restrictions.
The following default restrictions are in place, values may differ for an individual stack:
- A supported Bloomreach Experience Manager version, see Bloomreach Experience Manager Releases and End-of-Life, Updates, and Supported Product Versions for details.
- Maximum of 4 environments (contact your Account Manager if you require additional environments).
- Maximum of 100 distributions. See API docs for how to replace a distribution when uploading from CI.
- Maximum of 1 production environment.
- Maximum of 2 Humio users (contact your Account Manager if you require additional users).
- Backups are preserved for 90 days.
- Maximum nginx proxy buffer size is 8k bytes. This means applications cannot return more than 8kB of data in the response header of the website.
- Maximum size of a distribution file supported is 650 MB.
- Maximum size of a configuration file supported is 65 KB.
- Site connection timeout is set to 60 seconds, i.e. the site application must return a response within 60 seconds.
- CMS connection timeout is set to 180 seconds.
The max upload limit for the CMS is 15MB.
It's possible to configure the upload limit in the CMS configuration to a lower value. We strongly encourage to be conservative with large uploads. Uploads will make the database grow very quickly, making backup and restore (very) slow. To ensure the uninterrupted availability and performance of services, customers are expected to maintain their databases within the specified data limit of 60 gigabytes (GB). Exceeding this limit may impact Recovery Point Objective (RPO) and Recovery Time Objective (RTO) guarantees, potentially leading to delays in data recovery during system outages. Customers are encouraged to manage their data responsibly and consider using a Digital Asset Management (DAM).
From v13.2, brXM has support for OpenUI and DAM plugins, see v13.2 release notes.
Bloomreach Cloud uses Humio for logging. There is a 60 days log retention in place.
Humio's log management services come with a monthly data limit of 30 gigabytes (GB). Users exceeding this limit may face additional charges or restrictions. We encourage users to contact our support team to discuss custom solutions or clarify any questions.
Applications Cannot Rely on Machine Characteristics
Because Bloomreach Cloud is designed for the cloud, applications cannot rely on machine characteristics. As consequence:
- One cannot rely on IP addresses of the ELB. See the FAQ (IP address section) for more information on this topic.
Redis is used for internal Bloomreach Cloud platform purposes and therefore cannot currently be used for Second Level Page Cache or Cluster-Wide Generic Cache with the HST Enterprise Caching add-on.
Page View Definition
Page views are one of the key metrics for estimating usage with brXM and Bloomreach Cloud. You can find more information about page views in Bloomreach Cloud Page View Definition documentation.