The requests overview dashboard
When the dashboard is installed (see Installation), a CMS user sees an entry "Translation requests" below the "Extension" menu. It shows an overview of all translation requests in the repository.
See above the 5.6.0 version of the dashboard. Below 5.6.0, there are no filters on the left hand side.
The dashboard shows an overview of translation requests: each row represents a submitted request for a source document. The table shows:
Document: clickable link to the source document the request was made for.
Submitted: the user that did the request and the date/time of the submission.
Connector: the short hand name for the connector that was used in the request.
Updated: the date/time this request was last updated, meaning for a completed request when a translation for the document has been submitted into the system.
Translations: status of the request per language (it is possible to select multiple target languages, within one request). It shows:
- a flag indicating the target language, with on its hover the locale code
- a publication status icon in case there is a translated document, with on its hover 'Live', 'Offine' or 'Previous version live'.
- a request status text indicating the progress of the request: Queued, Submitted, Cancelled, Completed, Error.
If Error, its hover shows a more detailed error.
If Completed it's a clickable link to the target. An asterisk (*) behind it indicates it's a completed translation that is new within the logged-in CMS session.
Actions: one or two actions are available, depending on the request status.
- Cancel shows if the translation request is submitted to the external system and has not come back yet.
The action will call the external system to cancel the request.
- Re-submit shows if a translation request has been cancelled earlier.
The action will do a new transaltion request for the document in the target language(s) involved.
- Delete shows if the translation request has been cancelled earlier, or if it is completed, i.e. has come back from the external system.
The action will not call the external system but delete the request from the Hippo repository.
Note: the Cancel (and therefore also the Re-submit) actions are not available if the configured connector does not support cancellations, e.g. the LiveWords connector.
Copy button: for convenience, a button to copy a table row to the clipboard. Can include some extra attributes, specific to the connector used.