Build a Website
This tutorial will guide you through the development of the GoGreen demo web site. The tutorial follows two development iterations. In each iteration you will deliver a working site and increase your Bloomreach Experience Manager knowledge level at the same time. At the end of the tutorial, you will have a good idea of the basic development tasks involved in the implementation of a Bloomreach Experience Manager-based web site.
Before you start this tutorial, you must:
- Have experience with basic web technologies like HTML and CSS.
- Have experience with templating languages like Freemarker or similar.
- Have Java 8 (for brXM 14) or 11 (for brXM 15) installed.
- Maven 3 (3.3.9+) (for brXM 14) or 3.5.0+ (for brXM 15) installed.
- Know how to create, build and run a Bloomreach Experience Manager project.
- Be familiar with the Bloomreach Experience Manager User Interface.
Experience with Java development is not required because you will exclusively use standard components.
Using an IDE like Eclipse or IntelliJ is highly recommended.
- Download the GoGreen web design from Github.
- Start with the first task: Select Out-of-the-Box Features!
- The source code of each completed iteration can be downloaded/cloned from Github if you want to skip an iteration. We do recommend you follow the entire tutorial if you are new to Bloomreach Experience Manager.
- See the troubleshooting page if you have any issues, or ask your questions at the developer forum.
1. Configure Out-of-the-Box Features
2. Develop New Features
|Scope||Select and configure out-of-the-box Banner, News and Search features and apply the GoGreen web design to them.||Customize page layout and develop a new Products feature using standard components.|
|Code on Github||
brXM 14: https://github.com/bloomreach/website-tutorial/tree/iteration-1-14.7.7
|brXM 14: https://github.com/bloomreach/website-tutorial/tree/iteration-2-14.7.7
brXM 15: https://github.com/bloomreach/website-tutorial/tree/iteration-2-15.1.0
Go ahead and start with the first iteration!