Build a Website
This tutorial will guide you through the development of the GoGreen demo web site. The tutorial follows two development iterations. In each iteration you will deliver a working site and increase your Bloomreach Experience Manager knowledge level at the same time. At the end of the tutorial, you will have a good idea of the basic development tasks involved in the implementation of a Bloomreach Experience Manager-based web site.
Before you start this tutorial, you must:
- Have experience with basic web technologies like HTML and CSS.
- Have experience with templating languages like Freemarker or similar.
- Have Java 8 (for brXM 14) or 11 (for brXM 15) installed.
- Maven 3 (3.3.9+) (for brXM 14) or 3.5.0+ (for brXM 15) installed.
- Know how to create, build and run a Bloomreach Experience Manager project.
- Be familiar with the Bloomreach Experience Manager User Interface.
Experience with Java development is not required because you will exclusively use standard components.
- Download the GoGreen web design from Github.
- Start with the first task: Select Out-of-the-Box Features!
- The source code of each completed iteration can be downloaded/cloned from Github if you want to skip an iteration. We do recommend you follow the entire tutorial if you are new to Bloomreach Experience Manager.
- See the troubleshooting page if you have any issues, or ask your questions at the developer forum.
1. Configure Out-of-the-Box Features
2. Develop New Features
|Scope||Select and configure out-of-the-box Banner, News and Search features and apply the GoGreen web design to them.||Customize page layout and develop a new Products feature using standard components.|
|Code on Github||brXM 14: https://github.com/bloomreach/website-tutorial/tree/iteration-2-14.7.7
brXM 15: https://github.com/bloomreach/website-tutorial/tree/iteration-2-15.1.0
Go ahead and start with the first iteration!